I feel like I am dating a 12 year old boy.

My boyfriend is very immature, and sort of socially awkward in general. I know he loves, me, but I think he has a problem with looking vulnerable. So when he wants to be romantic, he picks on me and tickles the crap out of me.... he never gives me serious compliments and if he does, its in a silly way. He acts the same way a shy teenage boy would! I love him very much, but I need serious romance, and serious talks. I have a two year old daughter, I feel like I have two kids sometimes. We do have sex often, almost daily... we have been together for 2 years, he wasnt like this in the first two months.. but sinse then it seems like he is just getting more and more immature? lol. Any advice?

Sherrae

Asked by Sherrae at 5:17 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Hon, some men never mature you got to take as is or get out.

Answer by older at 5:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I would tell him to grow his little boy ass up or to get the fuck out so I can find a real man who makes me feel like a real woman. (cant be too nice about it)
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 5:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I suggest getting used to it. I am in a similar relationship, except he just does not show emotion. I have had every talk in the book about my needs, I left once... and I decided in the end that the emotional things I need from him, are not as important as the companionship. You can only change yourself, not other people. If he hasn't changed after two years, he most likely wont. You either need to accept it, or move on! GL.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 5:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• you either accept him the way he is since you can't change him or accept that this is who he is and decide if this is the type of man you want to be with you.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I agree with the first post
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Tell him how you feel. Sit down and be very serious and give him clear examples of the behaviors that you don't like. Let him know that the relationship will not last unless he is willing to start acting like an adult.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I think sometimes men have a hard time showing their true feelings. Society has put men in this box(it's getting better lately, though, I think) where they are supposed to be tough all the time and can't cry and if they do then they are weak. Maybe he had a tough dad when he was growing up. Who knows? The best thing you can do is have a serious conversation about it with him. Tell him that you love him AND his silly side, but you need some serious romance once in a while too in order to feel like you're really connecting with him on a romantic level, and that otherwise you are just feeling like you're back in grade school. Good luck!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• well talk to him and say stop acting like a kid your a man now and sex is not every thing in this life you also need to look for god always and if he not for you let him go and get some body else in your age well this is all goodby
    marivel718

Answer by marivel718 at 3:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2011