Mucous plug...

Is the mucous plug always streaked with blood? I think I may have lost mine today. When I went to the bathroom, I had a super thick sticky glob in my underwear but it was not streaked or colored with blood. It was clear. Could it be the mucous plug or no? (37 weeks and 4 days)

K_Coleman

Asked by K_Coleman at 7:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You can search mucus plug and see what everyone else's answers are. Mine was slightly bloody. It could also be just part of it... it can come out over time.

reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 7:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• at about the same time in my pregnancy, i thought i was losing my mucous plug as well. i called my ob doc, who told me that if it wasn't bloody that it was most likely just discharge. she said that at the end of the pregnancy, discharge production increases.
    rachelsmommy78

Answer by rachelsmommy78 at 8:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• IT isn't always bloody. Keep in mind that it often comes out in bits. Mine didn't come out all at once. And it doesn't automatically indicate that labor will start (though it does mean that it's coming with in the next week or so). Hang in there! It's almost time!! Congrats!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2008