Any ideas...? adult content

my fiancée and i have been talking about making an addition to our family we currently have two boy's but i have my heart set on a little girl... i keep hearing different things about how to conceive a girl but i don't know if any are true...
that if the woman rides on top, that if the man is sexually active but in both ways... i just don't know ... any of you other momma's heard these things too ? or are these people just trying to pull my chain ...

proudmommy_0811

Asked by proudmommy_0811 at 5:17 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• They are just myths. There is no way to help you conceive a girl.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 5:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Its a load of BS. You get what you get, just hope realllllly hard for a girl, maybe it will happen. Wear a lot of pink =P lol idk
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 5:20 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Both of those things are old wives tales, sometimes they work sometimes they don't. Something I have seen on multiple TTC websites, however, is that female sperm swim slower than male sperm but also live longer. Therefore, if you only have sex a 2-3 days before ovulation only the female sperm will stay alive long enough to fertilize the egg. I have never done this but I also have 2 boys and plan on trying this method for a girl next time around. I would also look into the chinese birthing chart. As long as the mother's lunar age is correctly calculated it has a high accuracy rate. It worked for me and everyone else I know that used it. GL!!!!!
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Ok so I just went and did some more research on the "strategy" I was telling you about. Apparently this is part of a proven method for gender selction with an accuracy rate of 75%. If you visit Babyhopes.com there are all kinds of tips for helping to conceive one sex versus the other. They tell you things such as which positions are best, which days are best, whether having an orgasm will increase or lessen your odds, and they explain the reasoning behind each topic. I would definitely check it out, it can't hurt any! :)
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 6:07 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• @ Missalissa86 i googled it and went straight to that site and have been doing some reading on the topic
    but thank you i hope it works out
    proudmommy_0811

Comment by proudmommy_0811 (original poster) at 6:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Do you mind if I add you to my friends? My DH doesn't wan't to start TTC for about a year so If this method works for you before then I would love to know!
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 6:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• no add away i love making new friends and that would be cool :)
    proudmommy_0811

Comment by proudmommy_0811 (original poster) at 6:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• 50/50 chance.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:21 AM on Apr. 10, 2011