Single mom who wants to be a stay at home mom! lol

Im sure there are other mom's out there with this problem! I was thinking, maybe I could do a housekeeping thing, or babysitting or something. What do you guys do to pay the bills and keep food on the table?

Sherrae

Asked by Sherrae at 5:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• ooh.. I am a working mom who wants to be a sahm with a husband who'd never let me lol!~ good luck on your search
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• i've sold tupperware and still do and did sell athena's home novelties but they both cost something to start up but are worth it in the end
    proudmommy_0811

Answer by proudmommy_0811 at 5:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I stayed home with Mackenzie until she was almost 9 months old. If you get enough kids you can babysit and make plenty of money to pay your bills. Its also a great environment for your child to interact with other children. I am so glad that I decided to stay home, we have a great relationship and she is already walking and has been since 8 and 1/2 months. You have more time to work with them which gives you more patience. Hope I could help.
    KenziesMomma123

Answer by KenziesMomma123 at 5:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• – collapse
    I work and realize SAHM days are over so just get over it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• There are alot of work from home jobs but you gotta get training for it. There's Legal Transciptioning, Medical Transcriptioning, any kind of home business. Look around. There's always something to do from home that is legit and not a scam.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 5:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Didn't you know, you only women our society thinks should work are welfare moms?
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 5:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I have a friend who is single mom & stays home. She does a few things...she babysits some kids before & after school (only then not all day...since she has other work during the day), she repairs Oriental rugs from home & she also does a thing where she sets appointments up for an insurance agent (she contacts ppl who expressed interest in his services).
    Anonymous

• Start your own business. What are you good at? Do you have any talents? I'll give you an example.... Both my grandmother and my mother were florists and I grew up arranging flowers, so I'm starting a floral business. I'll be doing corsages and boutonniere for prom, mothers day and fathers day, wedding and funeral flowers, and any other miscellaneous arrangements or just reselling flowers to people that may want flowers for whatever! I'll be doing it out of my home/basement and I can make my own hours etc. I do have a husband and I won't be going full blast as if I were a single mom, but you get the gist! I have a friend that makes candies for just about every holiday and makes quite a bit of money on homemade Easter and Christmas candies. The list goes on...your only limited to what you will and won't do and what you do or do not have a knack for. Good luck! xo PS, babysitting is a great idea too :) lol

CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 5:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I wanted to be a stay at home mom and when I was able after about 2 months I wanted to work so bad. It sounds great now but I was going insane when I was home all the time. Work gave me a refuge and some adult stimulation
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 5:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Where theres will..theres always a way.
    I babysit out of my home.
    Sometimes the money is good,sometimes its not so great.
    But its do-able.
    Before jumping into it tho, I would do research,set up your home for babysitting/childcare and advertise for clients.
    Make contracts,rules,regulatons etc...you will want to protect yourself from people doing stuff like not paying you for your service.
    It will be important for you to have people that pay on time considering you will be relying on that money to pay your bills.
    Goo Luck..hope you find something that suits you.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2011