For those who get artificial nails done, how long have you been getting them done?

mlgrob57

Asked by mlgrob57 at 5:20 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I have had acrylic for the last 28 years, never a fungus or problem it helps my own nail grow to whatever length I want, I have manicured hands always and get them done every two weeks.

Answer by older at 5:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I stuck with artificial acrylics when I had prom in highschool about a month later I couldn't afford it anymore so I had them taken off. My nails were brittle and weak after and some of them still have little ridges where the nail underneath deteriorated..If you ask me I rather re-paint them 100X then have yucky misformed nails for years after. I'm 27 now and after all that time the nails and beds are pretty much back to normal, still some faint changes though.
    ladyarisffxi

Answer by ladyarisffxi at 5:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I do not recommend this for anyone who has good strong nails, but for those of us who have weak nails that break all the time is heaven sent.

Answer by older at 5:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• i have been getting my nails done since 2004 and never had a problem but i never kept them up to date i would get them done when i had the extra money but i did the gel nails the stand better to water especially if you wash dishes all the time but that was just my luck
    proudmommy_0811

Answer by proudmommy_0811 at 5:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I did it from age 13-23 then i just decided to try having my own and have had ever since. sometimes I miss them but then I will save the money and buy myself something else with it (like shoes!!!!)
    BSumm3rs

Answer by BSumm3rs at 1:25 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• 23+ yrs..and counting. never a fungus or mold. never a problem. and i wear them long. every 2wk/maintenance, with a completely new set every 8wks. i soak them off slowly (never pry them off!) while watching HGTV or a movie, clean them up (trim, push back cuticles, moisturize)..and two days later, get a new set.
    love them!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:26 AM on Apr. 9, 2011