Pads after baby

What kind of pads did you use after delivery? This is my 1st and everyone has told me that the bleeding after baby is really bad. What kind of pads did you use? Overnight maxi's? I am clueless but I want to make sure everything is ready with only a few weeks left. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The HUGE THICK ones lol
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 5:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• i was using the regular small pads in the hospital. i asked for them cause the huge ones weren't working for me. your bleeding really depends on how cleanly the placenta detaches
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 5:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I used the Poise extra longs that you can get at Sams Club in Bulk and sometimes I used adult diapers
    Anonymous

• The ones that look like boats as we used to call them, overnights with wings high absorbancy. And make sure you have underpants you don't care for much...
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 5:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I used over night pads i used any brands... and i also bought depends for when i went to bed that way i was not killing my underwear and washing them every day but that was just me
    proudmommy_0811

Answer by proudmommy_0811 at 5:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• The hospital will usually give you some pads but yeah anything heavy duty. I used pads for a whole 2 days and couldn't stand it anymore and went back to tampons. They say you shouldn't use tampons for at until you have your first period but I did and had no complications.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 5:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• actually in the hospital with both my girls they provided the pads were the big thick ones that don't stick to you underwear lol I used them why I was in there and then took home the ones I didn't use in the hospital and used them at home then after those ones were gone I just used the ones I always use which is kotex thin and long. They worked for me I didn't bleed through them or anything. I like them because they are thin you can't feel them as much and i like them long because my periods are normally heavy and that way I wont bleed through them when I lay down lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• They give you small pads inthe hospital unless you make sure to tell them you are SORE and need the Ice filled ones that are huge!!! After you can go with the Always overnights and if your too bad double them up down and make one long pad.
    ladyarisffxi

Answer by ladyarisffxi at 5:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Always Infinity.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• the hospital sent me home with some to get me thru a couple days and provided the "diaper" and pads while I was in the hospital for 3 days. I didn't bleed very much at all. I ended up having a blood clot in my uterus, so I only spotted for a week or two. I say just get the pads that are heavy and the extra long ones :) good luck
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 10:09 PM on Apr. 8, 2011