I am 6weeks pregnant with my 3 baby and i have this craving for nail polish remover scent...is it harmful and if so..

what should i do to make the cravings stop....should i talk to my dr about it....i dont know why but i smell it all of the time...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would not start sniffing it! that would be stupid!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I would definitely talk to your doctor about it. I don't think it is strong enough to hurt the baby but it probably isn't good for you. Your doctor will be able to better advise you about the health risks to you/your baby and help you find a supplement to satisfy the craving for it.
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Go to the Dr. I had a craving for car gas....
    ladyarisffxi

Answer by ladyarisffxi at 5:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yeah I'd talk to dr. about that one for sure.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Please tell your dr..Perhaps some type of nutrition deficiency.

TWIGGYMOM2ZnA

Answer by TWIGGYMOM2ZnA at 5:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Talk to your doc, but it most likely isnt a big deal. DO NOT INHALE it of course. You'd be amazed at the things that we get cravings for when we're pregnant. In all of my pregnancies I craved soap. I slept with a bar on my pillow. You name it I had it. Dove, Irish Spring, so on and so forth LoL.

I also had this intense need to CUT THE SOAP. Yes you read that right. Hundreds of dollars of soap cut up, and stored away for when I just needed to smell it. Like a junkie yes. LoL

I talked to my doc each time and he just told me not to eat it. I will admit I did bite the irish spring once. Never again though..ick!

As the other ladies said... DO NOT INHALE that and talk to your doc.

GL mom
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 6:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Isn't that called PICA or something like that? I would call your doctor immediately.
    momto1girl3boys

Answer by momto1girl3boys at 7:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• That's definitely not normal.. that's actually a condition and I'm almost certain it deals with you lacking some nutrients that your body needs. Talk to your doctor about this asap.
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 9:11 PM on Apr. 8, 2011