If you've noticed implantation bleeding does that mean you should test or should you wait a little longer? Did anyone have implantation bleeding and actually have to wait a few days to get a positive result?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• You need to wait. The reason is that your body needs time to create pregnancy hormones. If you do not wait, your test will come up negative as those hormones are not present enough in enough levels to show a positive test.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I have heard of a very select few women who get a positive result within a day or two of implantation. Results that soon are not typical. Just to avoid getting worried or discouraged from seeing a negative (likely a false answer anyways) I would wait a few more days to test and try to test with FMU. Good luck to you! I hope you get a BFP!!!!!
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 6:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I had implantation bleeding that was bright red (mean implantation had just occured) took a test 3 days later and had a strong positive test :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 6:13 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I waited for my missed period...because i didnt want to believe it was implantation bleeding
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 6:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• If it was implantation you need to wait a few more days. The placenta is responsible for HCG hormone so it needs to form and begin functioning for a few days before enough is built up to register on a test.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2011