Spotting... pregnant

so im pregnant beginning 6 weeks and yeaterday i had some spotting it was pinkish and happened when i woke up but went away .
today i had spotting and its brown kinda dark and it happened when i woke up and went away .

theres no cramping going on either.

should i be worried ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• sorry if tmi
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Only if it continues and it is red blood.

Answer by older at 6:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Sounds completely normal to me. I wouldn't worry unless the blood turns to a dark red, becomes heavy like a period, or is accompanied by pain/cramping.
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 6:13 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• you should worry if you start to see any clots in with the blood. Hope all goes well
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Sounds like implantation bleeding. It's completely normal. I went to the e.r. at 6 weeks thinking I was miscarrying because I had some spotting, and then some brown came out. The brown is first of all old blood. And the doctor at the e.r. told me that as long as it wasn't bright red and I wasn't bleeding enough to fill up a pad in one hour, then it's nothing to worry about. Just make an appointment with your doctor if you'd like some reassurance :)
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 9:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Sweetie, nothings TMI especially when you are concerned about your unborn child :) No worries there. I say go to the dr. and see whats happening. By the time your 6 wks preg, he/she should have a heart beat that you can see through an ultrasound. I know that for a fact bc I was high risk when i pregnant with my son. They were watching the amount of that pregnancy hormone (sry can't remember the name of it. Its like HGG or something, lol) and once the hormones were at a 6 wk level, they did a u/s and I saw my son's heartbeating. I say whenever theres blood involved and you are pregnant, there's no harm and getting it checked out. Better safe than sorry. ya know ?? If it was me, I would've went to the ER. lol I suggest making an appt with your ob, getting lots of rest on your left side, drink lots of water. Like put yourself on bed rest until your appt. It will be worth it !! Take care & good luck!
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 10:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• well my appt was today and i saw the heart beat and it was at 107 . it was sooo cool !!
    and then i told my doctor and she said if it continues come back in, but its just brown though
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:43 AM on Apr. 9, 2011