Relationship ...Help??

Okay...I need some solid advice about something

What is wrong with me?......Here's my story, in short!!

Been dating this guy on and off for about 3 1/2 years. We have always had our ups and downs. And always breaking up and getting back together. And when we do get back together, I always look forward to seeing him again. However, it only lasts for the first couple dates and then i get weird and break it off again.

Then, after i've broke it off with him, about a week later. I feel the need to call him again, wanting him back in my life. I don't know why i do this. But, i am hoping someone can shed some light on it for me.

Help?.....
Anguished in AZ!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• You like guys who treat you like crap because you have low self esteem?
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 1:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Maybe you are afraid of being alone and you would rather have him to go out with rather than to not have anybody? Maybe you have never taken the time to sit down and really consider what you want in a man and therefore are not sure whether or not this guy might indeed be the right one? Maybe you enjoy the thrill of tossing him away and seeing if you can lure him back to you?
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:09 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• You need to learn to be alone. Then look for a man.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:13 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• You've found someone who is so weak, lonely and desperate that he will tolerate your abuse time after time and then take you back again and again to tolerate more of your abuse. Clearly he is not giving you what you need and want in a relationship, partly because you have no idea what you need and want in a relationship. You are just jerking him around and you are a 'mean girl'. You asked and that is my honest opinion. You need to stop inflicting pain on this guy and get some professional help. (I know I should post this anon but there is way too much of that today)
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Maybe you're afraid of commitment.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 6:13 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• you need mental help for your insecurities and feeling like you have to have a man in your life to feel like your worth anything. maybe you have father issues, abandonment issues whatever you have to work through it or nothing with you will ever change.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• i think you both seem to be afraid of commitment and that maybe your not meant for each but that's just what i am thinking
    proudmommy_0811

Answer by proudmommy_0811 at 6:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• @meooma......First off, I want to just say that, although i did not say everything in this question. The one thing that i left out was that, he TOO has hurt me and played games as well. He is not without fault either...However, I supposed i am the one who had the guts, not only to come on here and put myself out to ask the almighty question...WHY?....However, i also appreciate the fact that you took time to respond to my question and gave me something to really think about!!!.....THANKS!....

And thank you to everyone else for the comments and advice!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• wonder if you dont liker my answer ------ here goes ----- your immature
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• and i cant spell
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 6:07 PM on Apr. 8, 2011