Do you have an emergency kit in case of a natural disaster type of situation?

If not, why?
If so, what do you have in it?

ANL221

Asked by ANL221 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• We have everything that we can think of. Over 50 gallons of water, Iodine and water purification tab's, first aid, fishing gear, propane tanks blankets, plastic tarps, dried foods MRE's dehydrated foods chain saw, saw's survival cloths, and LOTS of Ammo for all the guns.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:11 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• we have an old diaper bag full of crap !! from ace wraps, bandaids, creams, meds (advil, motrin etc) cleaning supply. and a bunch of others i cant think of right now.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 6:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• oh might i add, my husband was a medic in the navy soo yeah we have had this kit for years.. if your hurt come see us :)
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 6:11 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• We do...but honestly I got it when I had do for a house check when adopting out son. Better late then never.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 6:11 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I didnt until the earthquake in Japan....I have it in a waterproof suitcase on rollers..Has water, flashlights, batteries, first aid kit, Meds (including hubby meds diabetic), non- perishable food, DS video game to occupy children, outfit for each person, blanket, radio..However hopefully I will never have to use it.
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 6:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• oh man....now I will have to put one together.... my purse weighs a ton cause I have to have all this stuff ...just in case! But I suppose it is a good idea.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 7:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• no, but it's a good idea. i'd love to keep one in my house and one in my car. i'll put that on my to-do list for next week. thanks for the reminder! :) www.tulipandthelma.com
    tulipandthelma

Answer by tulipandthelma at 9:07 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I'm putting together a 72-hour kit with every essential my family (including pets!) would need. I'm going to put it in a plastic trash can and leave it in the corner of our garage. Here are the things I've thought of:
    Medicine, non-perishable food, 3 gallons of water per person (I will replace it every 6 months), blankets, flashlight & batteries, 1 set of clothes each, dog food, leashes, collars, & id's... not sure what else yet. We have plenty of guns & ammo too (family and fiance in law enforcement, need I say more? lol) I'm also going to scan and email any important medical/veterinary records and phone numbers to myself so I can access them from anywhere if necessary.
    I know this may seem a little hardcore but I've been taking some animal evacuation classes for my county and it's totally gotten me on this kick of wanting to be prepared. Better to be safe than sorry right?
    ANL221

Comment by ANL221 (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Oh fishing gear, that is a great idea! We live near lots of lakes stocked with fish.
    There are other things on my list I just know I'm forgetting but I don't have it with me. Hmmm...
    ANL221

Comment by ANL221 (original poster) at 6:20 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• No. I guess my only excuse is slips my mind while at stores, and honestly I am on such a tight budget with special needs chiidren I cannot afford any extra spending.
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 7:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2011