Phantom baby in my belly?

I have 2 children, 2 yrs and 6 mos. Ever since my youngest was about 3 months old I began feeling "baby" movements in my stomach. It seems to be progressing just as a baby would.It began as flutters and bubbly feelings. It slowly turned into little jumps and twitches. Now it flat out feels like kicks and rolls. I have even been able to feel it a tiny tiny bit from the outside of my stomach a few times. Has anyone else ever had this happen? I have heard of phantom movements but a phantom baby that grows and gets stronger each month? WEIRD!

Missalissa86

Asked by Missalissa86 at 6:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• One time, I felt what felt like a kick. I was like Holy crap! I'm like at least 3 months preg. I ran out and got a test, it was negative. I went to the obgyn and she said its spasms!! I get them very often. There's been time you can look at my belly and actually see it and feel it. The other day, my bf had one! I had my arms resting across him and I felt it. I said are you having a spasm? He said yup, I get them all the time. LOL I said well thats what it feels like when a baby kicks. haha he said well i sure don't like that. I have no control and its uncomfortable, lol ! Silly right? I loved being pregnant. I loved every second of it. I knew I would never had another kid again and I've grown to appreicate those spasms now, lol sounds dumb right ?? i can't say mine get stronger or whatever with every month that passes like it would if I was preg, but I do experience what feels like a baby kicking very often!!!
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Obvious question... Have you taken a pregnancy test and/or talked to your gyno about it?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• My insurance got cancelled 8 weeks after delivery so I haven't been in to be seen since. I doubt I am one of those "I didn't know I was pregnant!" women though, seeing as how I have had 2 very normal and obvious pregnancies. Funny you ask though, I did have a little pregnancy confusion this month. Got a few positive tests along with a few negatives (back and forth). My periods have all been very normal and heavy since my sons birth though and AF feels like it is well on its way this month too! Should be here any day now :(
    Missalissa86

Comment by Missalissa86 (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• It has happened to me, feeling something just like a fetus for a period of time. It freaked me out (I have an IUD) but I tested and it was negative and I've continued to get periods and don't feel anything odd anymore, and all I can think it maybe it was just my own muscle twitches.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 6:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• That is my guess too. Maybe since I have had 2 children so close together my uterus is more prone to twitches and jerks that mimic fetal movement. Lol I always joke about people being pregnant with an octupus...what if.......O.O lol
    Missalissa86

Comment by Missalissa86 (original poster) at 6:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Honey,I havefelt little maybe, muscle spasms, that felt just like baby kicks, but what you are describing is not normal. Do you feel like you have gained weight or that your belly has gotten bigger? at any rate it is NOT NORMAL to get a positive pregnancy test unless you are pregnant except if you are taking certain drugs, so even if you got one positive test and many negative tests you really should see a dr. Go to planned parenthood if you have to or call around - you should be able to find a free or reduced cost women's clinic somewhere.
    Rubia653

Answer by Rubia653 at 6:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I just figured that because my most recent 2 tests were negative it was a chemical pregnancy and I would start AF right on time. Do you think it could be something more? I don't think my stomach has grown a whole lot but it definitely stopped shrinking a few months after my 2nd DS was born......now Im worried :( I have had 2 very standard by the book pregnancies though. Wouldn't it be an extremely slim chance that if I were pregnant now it would be all haywire?
    Missalissa86

Comment by Missalissa86 (original poster) at 7:02 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I agree with rubia. You might just be onof those "I didn't know I was pregnant mamas" I have experienced phantom baby movements, but not like what you are describing.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 7:03 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Wow! I always thought that I would never be in that situation since my other 2 pregnancies were so standard (and VERY obvious). I am a little concerned now though. Wondering if that would explain the back and forth HPT's and the weird "second period" I had earlier this month. But wouldn't it still be to early for movement since all of my other periods since baby #2 were normal?
    Missalissa86

Comment by Missalissa86 (original poster) at 7:09 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• No it's not dumb at all! I love feeling it too even though it is totally weird. Almost anything that reminds me of that pregnant feeling makes me all giddy! I loved being pregnant too, I even loved labor. Alot of people think I am crazy for that but oh well. Why can you not have any more kids, if you don't mind me asking?
    Missalissa86

Comment by Missalissa86 (original poster) at 10:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2011