My son is going thru puberty

my son is 10 yrs old and he is going thru the early stages of puberty and im wondering why is having so many mood swings and crys at the drop of a hat and will loose his temper and cuss like nothing how do i help him get thru this and will it get any better please help im just at my breaking point

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Stay strong Momma. There are still consiquences for bad behavoir. I told my tween at the time...I see you are having a hard time. I am going to have to tighten the riens untill you start to feel better. Lots of loves and unwanted kisses later things settled down...untill the next time. smile
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 6:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• consistency
    momto1girl3boys

Answer by momto1girl3boys at 7:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• im trying and its like its not working and ive tried to talk to him about how he is feeling and he just gets really nervouse and clams up
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• dont stop trying- remember you're the mom, just because he's going through hormonal changes does not give him the right to disrespect you and break rules
    dimpsedee34me

Answer by dimpsedee34me at 8:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Keep communication open but don't push. The more you push the more he will resist. I tell my son that it may be normal to be moody, it is still not ok to be disrespectful and mean to others. If he is having issues, he needs to talk them out or go to his room until he is in a better mood.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Puberty is a very strange time for children. They are not only feeling physical changes but emotional and social changes. Sometimes it is best to discuss with your pediatrician/doctor and get suggestions from him/her.
    Chiqui52

Answer by Chiqui52 at 10:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2011