Does it ever end?VENT

Anytime I deal with my exhusband/daughter's father I get pissed off. Luckily it's only like twice a month, but I'm so tired of it. I feel like I work so freaking hard and do my very best for DD, then a couple of times a month this jerk feels like being an ass. It's never that he has something constructive or even a valid concern, it's automatically assumed that I've lied about this or that. Then to make it worse, I also have to deal with his crazy fiance. I don't give him a hard time about the scraps of child support he provides or the fact that he's managed to screw my credit up recently(although I have mentioned it about once a month, even though his responses make no sense or he has no follow through).

I'm normally a very positive person and I've really moved passed the hell that he put me through. I love my daughter and have a great life, I've even fallen in love with the most amazing man ever. So now I'm so mad about this round of calls/texts, that I can't even enjoy a Friday at home with my LO or even talk to my boyfriend on the phone. Then thinking about it, I'm mad again that they've ruined the great day I had going!!!!! UGH! Will the day come when he will learn to choose his battles instead of making more? I've learned, can't even begin on all the things I've let go and never said anything about.

camiam81

Asked by camiam81 at 7:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• hugs

kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 7:20 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Just remember you can only control how you respond to him. When he starts acting like an ass, picture an ass with his face on it! I repeat "I will not let him ruin my day....I will not let him ruin my day"....
    And have a drink and enjoy your week end with that amazing man and forget ....hee haw
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 7:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• You let him go......let him rant and rave just stand there with what my ex calls "that stupid look" on your face (a slight smile and eyes looking at him but yet you don't see him) after a few rounds of that they pretty much tend to realize they aren't getting you. Even if you go back in the house and break a few dishes and scream into a pillow - - - just knowing you didn't let him SEE you get fazed will kill em.
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 7:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I LOVE brypmom's answer! Don't let 'em see you sweat!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• don't let him change who you are - he wins then. His issues are his issues - not yours; his opinions of you are just that - his opinions - they don't define you. You know you; change your reaction to him (people we don't care much about; don't have much control over us). Once he sees that he can't "get you to you" he may start changing his behavior toward you (then again, he could just be a total a$$) - in that case, forget about him, put on your best "gimme some lovin" wear for your amazing man and go to town!! GL
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 1:11 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• well first of all you are probably the only one being bothered by it so he is getting what he wants try hard to brush it off and not let it ruin your day moofasa i no its hard i dont do it very well myself but its hurting you not him and second of all is there nyone else who can deal with the contact between you and him other then you or at least once in awhile to give you a break
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 11:26 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• well think about others things and talk to your boyfriend that you love him that you miss him and text him and you will see that every thing will fix up get close to god always well this is all goodby
    marivel718

Answer by marivel718 at 3:37 PM on Apr. 13, 2011