I just found out I am pregnant and I'm embarrased for the doctor to look at me.

I ain't never been to a gyno before and I don't like the idea of a stranger seeing my junk. The guy I get prego by I had known for like 3 years an been dating for 9 months before we had sex and I only did that a couple of times. I ain't mad I'm pregnant or nothing, I'm just scared of a stranger having his hands all up in me and looking at my stuff! I am tearing up just thinking about it. I am so embarrassed! I know I have to go though! How do I get past my fear.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• A lot of people feel that way at first.. I personally only seen a female ob/gyn for a very long time.. When I got pregnant with my daughter it didnt matter too much anymore although I still prefer a female.. Pre-natal care is very important for not only you but for the baby.. The doctor only looks at your stuff the first visit after that you wont have to be looked at down there until you are close to your due date.. it is uncomfortable but if you express your feelings before the exam the doc will try to make you more comfortable.. Good Luck
    crgarcia294

Answer by crgarcia294 at 7:15 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• You don't have to see a male gyno. Request a female gyno and maybe have your guy go with you for all your appointments or one of your girlfriends so you don't feel alone. Don't be scared. What's gonna happen when u go into labor and you have a doctor and nurses all looking at you "junk"?
    anthonys_mom21

Answer by anthonys_mom21 at 7:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• See a female and please get over yourself. Just wait until you delivery, the whole world will be seeing your "junk". If you are old enough to have sex you should be mature enough to see a gynocologist. It frightens me that you haven't had any check up prior to getting pregnant. How old are you??
    Anonymous

• Im afraid I am with anon on this one...dangerous to be having sex and not get checked out...see a female if you're nervous...I personally don't like female gynos...I've had a couple and just don't like how they were. Anyway, you NEED to get checked out for your babys sake, and stop worrying about what people think. They've seen enough to not care about what you look like.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I felt that way too for a long time. I think the only way to get past it is to go through it and eventually adjust. It also helps if you keep reminding yourself that it is best for the baby. Once your beautiful baby is in your arms it will all feel worth it. Not to mention being in labor helps to distract you from the awkwardness. I was worried for the longest time that I would accidentally poop on the delivery table and everyone would see. But once those contractions really got going I would've let a million people watch me poo on the table just to feel better lol. Gross I know, but true for most women. Just hang in there, it will get easier each time! :) Congrats!!!!!
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 7:26 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I totaly understand i am the same way im prego with my second and I HATE gyno visits it freaks me out... maybe ask for a girl it might be a little easier
    Anonymous

• Or see a midwife!!!! It will be way less invasive the entire pregnancy and you can do it in the comfort of your own home!
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 7:13 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Both these ladies have great suggestions. Hang in there!
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 7:15 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• ANON. Way to be rude i feel that same as her and ive been to plenty of visits... you dont need to judge others
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 7:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Anon that was uncalled for.
    I have been seen regularly but I still get uptight and worked up before a visit.

OP; it isn't that bad, but understandable on how uncomfortable you feel right now. It doesn't last that long and they are in and out, it's all business. -hugs-
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 7:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2011