Provera?

Okay, so my doc put me on provera to induce my period. She gave me 7. I took them at night, and the last one that I took was 2 nights ago. How long does it take to work?

GothicChk52

Asked by GothicChk52 at 7:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• it took me 2 months to actually get my period after taking the provera. then once i got my period i had irregular periods for a long time..sometime i would have 2 periods a month..sometimes i would skip a month..it was just off. i just recently started having normal periods and that is only because my doctor gave me birth control pills to get them regulated. i've had 4 normal cycles now.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I dont think that there is any certainty that it will, it is a useful medication. Some things work for some ,sometimes you nee another opinion if it doesnt help in the time you feel it should. call the pharmacy and ask about this medicine or google it and see what you think from that information
    glo335

Answer by glo335 at 7:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• my daughter has also taken it and didnt have a normal period ever on it, she took birth control pills also . she has a bigger underlying problem polysistic ovarian disease which sometimes keeps you from having a period .It is a hormonal unbalanced mess and not too many seem to be helpful
    glo335

Answer by glo335 at 7:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Generaly 10 to 14 day , some will start sooner. A friend of mine took it & never got hers, she ovulated and got pregnant.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• hmm... interesting
    GothicChk52

Comment by GothicChk52 (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2011