Government shutdown

Will any of you moms be affected by this?

ambr2006

Asked by ambr2006 at 7:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Can't wait to see all these shutdown questions stop. lol...omg
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Maybe, but probably not as much as I am effected by this horrible economy and inflation.  I don't work for the government though.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• yeah we have just been affected by it they cut this coming paycheck in half and we got a call saying it could be up to three months before we get another one
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 7:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• So.....I'm guessing everyone from an E1 thru E5 will be voting Republican next time?? LOL
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I will, we got a half check and it was just enough to cover rent. Now we don't got nothing. I am hopeing and praying this doesn't happen it could spin this country in a down spiral faster.
    charmd18

Answer by charmd18 at 8:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yup some of my house sales wont be able to close because of no HUD or FHA loan underwriters working if they shut down. Register to vote Lady's and VOTE EVERYONE OF THESE ASSHOLE LAW MAKERS OUT OF OFFICE NEXT ELECTION!!! We CAN make a difference!!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• ^^ self imposed anger issues. you're a realtor, get over yourself already greedy.
    Anonymous

• Wow anon that is uncalled for. It is not just gov workers that will struggle from this....I live in a small town that is run by military....if the military does not get paid all the businesses will shut down. The town already looses half of the businesses with a deployment.

I am an army wife and this is hitting hard. We are suposed to get half our check...and that dosnt cover the bills we have to pay with this check. We can work paying the main things like eletric and water but other then that we cant pay. We were able to talk to usaa and get a hold on our payment for our insurance. But if this last through next month then we will be kicked out of our home, loose our car, and have collectors calling because we cant pay the bills. And its crap that my husband still has to go to work without pay....I thought we got rid of slavery.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• My husband is an IRS employee. He was told today that he is not to come into work on Monday unless Congress passes a budget.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 9:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Nah
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2011