Would it be out of line to end the friendship over this?

I thought I finally made a friend here. My husband met a guy that is married! WOO HOO! Or so I thought. Things were ok, until she started telling my husband that if he doesn't accept Jesus, that he was going to hell and that she pretty much hated everyone different than her...(which makes her not like my family because I have a lesbian sister and a brother that is engaged to a black woman).

Anyway, I put it aside and just figured, she has a kid the same age as my youngest so they could play. Well, now the newest thing is I gues I look just like her husbands ex-wife. She makes it a point to mention it ANY time we are all in the same room together. I don't get it. I try to be nice, and put all the stupid crap aside. Am I wrong to just end the "friendship"? I don't want my husband to give up his friend because of this, but I'm worried that it'll cause issues. Any advice ladies?

MamaSince08

Asked by MamaSince08 at 7:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Relationships

Level 1 (-1 Credits)

• If you are not comfortable with this friendship then you should end it.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 7:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• There is nothing saying that you not being her friend means your husbands can't be friends is there?
    mommymonkey

Answer by mommymonkey at 7:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• sooo are you saying she thinks jesus doesnt like lesbians and black folks?? i'm lost.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yes Dump her....I understand the letting the kids play but do you really what your child around someone like this...As for your hubby relationship with his friend, they can always do men things together without the spouses...Talk to your hubby, he may not be that into this friendship where he wouldnt cut it off to make you feel comfortable....gooo luck
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 7:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I would drop that acquaintance like a hot potato!! You dont have a possible friend there, she is very judgmental and I for one do not like people making decisions for all of us or tell us what we should do. If your family is happy,gets along and it is diverse ok she doesnt have a thing to say. Religion gets a little stick ,I try not to discuss it . If someone was saying I remind them of my husband s ex wife over and over I would assume she is being hateful not trying to be a friend. The two husbands can be friends it isnt necessary for all of you to be together .
    glo335

Answer by glo335 at 7:55 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• She sounds like a nighmare! She contradicts everything she "believes". I would tell her bluntly that I don't care for her attitude and that I don't need someone negative like her in my life. There are plenty of kids your youngest can hang out with. Run away from her. She's an instigator who isn't happy with herself and feels threatened by you. Why else would she make it a point to say how much you look like her husband's ex? Why else would she hate anything or anyone different from her?
    anthonys_mom21

Answer by anthonys_mom21 at 7:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• you don't have to be friends with her because your husband is friends with the other husband. I don't think I could take much of this woman.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 7:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• You are very right to end this friendship.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Dump her. She's not right in the head.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 8:09 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• @shay1130. No, the whole Jesus thing is just one thing, but she flat out told me she doesn't like gays, blacks, mexicans, etc. . I didn't know what to say to her about it, so I just changed the subject.
    MamaSince08

Comment by MamaSince08 (original poster) at 8:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2011