I didn't know I was pregnant?

Just wondering if anyone would like to share their stories about negative tests and lack of symptoms just to find out they were half way through the pregnancy. These stories amaze me! I love to hear them!

Missalissa86

Asked by Missalissa86 at 8:13 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was on depo and didn't know I was pregnant til I felt my little baby moving around.. When I went to my first Dr appt I was 22 weeks. I had no period from being on the depo so I didn't even think I should test. I never had any symptoms or any type or morning sickness.. That's the only story like that I got.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 8:17 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Holy cow! That really is half way through the pregnancy! Did you get a belly at all before then? With my first baby I didn't show hardly at all until about 20 weeks. If i didn't know I was pregnant I could have easily thought I was just gaining a little weight.
    Missalissa86

Comment by Missalissa86 (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Nope. I started showing a little after that. She was my second. With my first I didn't start showing til around the same time.. but I knew I was pregnant with him =)
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 8:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I think that would be kind of fun to get such a big surprise like that. But that would also eliminate alot of your time to prepare for the baby. Imagine an "I didn't know i was pregnant" with multiples! WoW!!!!
    Missalissa86

Comment by Missalissa86 (original poster) at 8:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• With my first pregnancy i took a test right after my missed period and it came back negative but the next month it was showing up positive. With this pregnancy (number 4) i new i was pregnant right after but i got my period the next month so i Didnt think much of it. I got a few symptoms like heartburn and every once in awhile i would feel sick but the second month came around and i still got my AF so even though i felt in my gut that i was i kept getting my period. By month number 3 i took a test and it was negative and i got my visit from AF. Finally i went to the doctors because i just wasnt feeling right and i just had this feeling she gave me a test and it came back with a positive and she sent me to get an ultrasound and it showed i was 16 weeks. I am now 35 weeks.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 8:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• With your first 3 did you have normal pregnancies? Did you usually get positives around the time of your first missed period or have you always had trouble getting them to show up on an HPT until later on?
    Missalissa86

Comment by Missalissa86 (original poster) at 8:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2011