How many of youu think the government freeze is going to happen?

Please join me in prayer that we get past this, pray for the families of the military this is a mess and I hope it dosen't haoppen

Brandy928

Asked by Brandy928 at 8:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Entertainment

• it already did happen. a lot of people's LES' were only one weeks worth of pay. i feel for everyone affected by this.. i really do.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• they also decided that during the "freeze" there will be no death benefits given to spouses/family members if a soldier dies. just totally fisting the military now.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:17 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I just read this in an ap news story...

"For much of the day, Reid and Boehner disagreed about what the disagreement was about."

sigh.... Really, our government now has to fight over what the fight is over?!? I think the last time my kids did that, they still had to hold my hand to cross the street....
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:20 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• well, it didn't happen ......but this is the Entertainment category.....LOL.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Nah, I doubt it...
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 8:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Unfortunately, I think it's going to happen. We're a military family, we're stationed in Northern Japan. We've had the big quake, over 900 aftershocks (and those, in and of themselves, have been substantially sized ones, on the average in the 4 and 5 range...), the reactor stuff, and now, on top of everything, NO PAY.

Seriously - talk about adding insult to injury...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Also, I remember in 1995 (I think it was) when they did this last time. We didn't get paid then, either. It had reached the point where neither side was willing to back down, because they were afraid of "losing face" and wouldn't compromise, and because while Congress took hits in their subsequent elections, it was Congress who bore the brunt of the blame and Clinton came out with higher ratings (and, btw, it was about this point in his first term, as well...), which most experts who track this sort of thing say they think contributed to his re-election.

So, honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if both parties are hoping to come out of this being in the same position (image wise) as Clinton had coming out of it the last time, and are going to take it as far as they can, trying to screw over the other side.... (and instead, we're all caught in the cross fire...)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:20 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I am doubting it very much. But, you never know.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 8:55 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I am SO glad to say it looks like I was wrong! Hopefully, this last continuing resolution will result in a budget, especially since the fiscal year that they're trying to get a budget for ends in September, after all....
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:07 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Can we PLEASE keep the politics in the right category.

When I come to "Entertainment", I don't want to get hit with reminders of how screwed up our so-called Leaders are getting. PLEASE.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 3:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2011