Am I pregnant? adult content

My body has had me a little worried lately. I've never been pregnant, but I've been urinating, eating, & sleeping more than usual. And today i noticed I have a light pink discharge. My last period was March 22nd & about a week & a half ago I took 2 at home pregnancy tests, they both came back negative. Could I be pregnant or am I over-reacting? Advice please.

dory09

Asked by dory09 at 8:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• We cant tell you if you are pregnant. Wait and take another test OR see a dr and explain your concerns to them.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Take a test, its the only way to know. Everyone's "symptoms" are different.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 8:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• It's really hard to say. I would recommend taking another test with your FMU. HCG doubles every 48-72 hours, so if you are pregnant you have a good chance at an hpt showing it by now. If that one is negative, wait until the day you expect your period and test again if it doesn't arrive. (preferably with FMU) If it still shows negative and you don't get your period I would make an appointment to be seen by a gyno. P.S Digital tests eliminate the confusing line issue, but are less sensitive and are more likely to give you a false negative at this point. I recommend an early response such as First Response. GL!
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 8:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Thanks
    dory09

Comment by dory09 (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• If you had your period a week and a half ago, I really doubt it.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Im sorry I misunderstood when your period was. Nanixh is right, the spotting could possibly be from ovulation. I would wait (I know it's hard when you are unsure) until your next period is due. If you do not get it or if it is irregular then take another test.
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 8:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I'm on birth control, but skipped about 2 weeks cuz I didn't have the new package yet, during that time I did have unprotected sex. My period for the last 2 months has been way lighter & much shorter than usual. I'm also worried IF I am pregnant & continue taking my pills could it harm the baby. I realize it would be best if I went to the dr, but if you have any advice I appreciate the help.
    dory09

Comment by dory09 (original poster) at 8:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I would say go into an ER and get a blood test tonight. If you are not already pregnant, you don't want to stop the BC and end up pregnant.However if you are pregnant already the BC could harm the baby and does need to be stopped right away. I don't mean to scare you but if you continue to take it, are pregnant, and the baby has health issues at/after birth you will always wonder if you could have changed that by doing things different. I would really go in for a blood test for the safety of the possible baby inside you and your own peace of mind.
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 9:09 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Go with your gut. But it sounds like if you are it may be too early to take a test but that could possibly be why it came up negative.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Well, if you've had sex, protected or not, you could be pregnant.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2011