My husband frequently has his "guy's night" and drinks, stays outside, or at a friend's house. I wish he would stop all of the drinking and stay here with me and our daughter. Am I selfish or is he?

Sharla912

Asked by Sharla912 at 8:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• You're drunk aren't you.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 8:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• LOLOL And has to his WHAT??
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Sorry, I edited the question, Im new at this and had an oops! Thanks for the laugh though, I needed it :)
    Sharla912

Comment by Sharla912 (original poster) at 8:54 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• huh?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 8:55 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• tell him how you feel. that's the best way to go about it
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 9:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• How often are we talking here? If he is staying out all night more than say, two or 3 times a year for very special occassions, than in my book, HE is being selfish. He's a husband and a father now, his priorities are at home. That's not to say he can't have fun now and then, but overnights is a bit much.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Have you talked to him about this--without "nagging"-- but just an average talk in the middle of the week..
    Ask him if he would stay home some of those nights & let YOU go out. You need "you time" (if your a SAHM or working!)
    Your not being selfish. He may need to grow up a bit & realize he has a family at home that needs his time. Kids grow up toooo fast.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I have told him how I feel and he says he isn't doing anything wrong and I am trying to be controlling. We are talking atleast up to 6 times a month and he always comes home, but he will stay in the yard and drink or stay at a friend's house and drink. Once I got up for work at 5am and he had never gone to bed.
    Sharla912

Comment by Sharla912 (original poster) at 9:07 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• This is one of those situations where you have to draw the line when you cant take anymore. When my husband started acting childish i had to use tough love and make him see that its either us or the alcohol. When you are a parent, your priorities should be at home. I am very thankful that after that ultimatum he hasnt ventured out and acted irresponsibly. i hope your situation improves very soon. everyone needs a break from time to time but 6 times a month is too much.
    emtmomtwo

Answer by emtmomtwo at 9:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Thank you all
    Sharla912

Comment by Sharla912 (original poster) at 9:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2011