What's your experience with Paraguard?

I'm really considering Paraguard. I had Mirena IUD and I hated it. I had all kinds of crazy side effects. I did like that I didn't have to worry about taking a pill everyday. I like that the paraguard is non-hormonal. I have limited options because I'm still nursing my nine month old. I'm just curious to hear others experiences.

HannahMayr

Asked by HannahMayr at 8:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Health

• Paragaurd irritates the lining of the uterus so that a fertilized egg can not implant. I believe that once the egg is fertilized, it is a life so I wouldnt go with paragaurd,,, alot of people dont know that about IUDs. I am pretty sure mirena works differently but I get squeamish about foreign objects being put in my lady places, so....enh
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 2:02 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I LOVE mine except that I get insanely heavy periods now. I get no hormonal side effects (obviously), no weight gain, and for whatever reason I don't even get cramps any more. The ONE downside is the heaviness of flow, but for everything else, it's absolutely worth it.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I'd check out Essure. No strings dangling.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:37 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• But isn't essure permanent? Or am I thinking of something else?
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 8:41 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I just googled Essure and it say's that it is permanent. We are not ready for that yet. :0)
    HannahMayr

Comment by HannahMayr (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I did not know that! Thank you for letting me know!
    HannahMayr

Comment by HannahMayr (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Apr. 10, 2011