What do you do????

So I've been up since 7:30am YESTERDAY....it is now 5:52pm...and I am exhausted....I had wicked insomnia last night and couldnt shut my mind off long enough to fall asleep for the life of me so I just stayed up on Cafemom and Second Life all night....when I finally got sleepy it was time to start my day lol.....now I'm tired as hell, my eyes feel like they are on fire, I've tried over and over again to try and go to sleep while DD was taking her nap but just could not cross the threshold into sleep...I can't take any sleeping pills cause I'm preggo but I'm literally so sleepy I'm starting to feel nausous lol.....HOW do I get my mind to turn off long enough to fall asleep? When you can't sleep what do you usually do?

Thanks for the help mama's
I swear more often then not CM moms are life savers! =)

***hmm now what catagory do I put this in? lol***

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 8:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• take a warm bath in lavender soap (not too hot since youre pregnant), just sit there and soak for a while after your LO is sound asleep. lavender and chamomile are both calming and relaxing and may help you be able to lay down at night and shut everything off. i wouldn't suggest it tonight though since you're beyond tired.. you might fall asleep in the tub LOL. that wouldn't be good. i would just try this in the evenings just before you go to bed. so you feel clean, refreshed and calm when you lay down. i sometimes have that problem too, where my mind is racing and i can't get it to stop. i try to just focus on ONE thing with my eyes closed, to get the thoughts to slow down.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:02 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I battle insomnia often too and it is the worst. Not as bad as you though...I tend to wake in the middle of the night and my mind starts racing. I have that doing breathing exercises help, it really gets you to turn off your brain and focus on your breathing. I'm sure you could look up some techniques online. Also, since you are pg, I'd go for some warm milk, silly, but it seems to work. GL!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Hypnotize yourself into sleep. lay down, close your eyes and concentrate, Tell your self (in your head) your feet are tired, so tired, they are relaxing getting loose, they are relaxed, and work up your body in pieces doing this. IF you get all the way to your head and still arnt asleep (which I doubt) say my whole body is relaxed, I feel loose and comfortable all over, I am light as a feather, and Im drifting off to sleep. Repete if IF you need to.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:03 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Have you ever tried listening to classical music about an hour before bedtime? Shut of the TV and anything else that is a distraction. Turn the radio to classical music and enjoy. I even read while it is going or do some chores. My family falls asleep faster and sleeps better.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 9:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Warm milk. Chamomile tea.  Warm bath

Answer by louise2 at 9:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Watching TV or being on the computer helps keep the mind awake and actually prevents sleep. Even if you're exhausted. Although, I understand resorting to one or the other in the case of insomnia. Listening to music, a hot shower, or maybe some warm milk could help you fall asleep. Warm Milk and bananas both have nutrients in them that make you sleepy. (I forget what they're called)
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Oy, that should read that I have *found* that doing breathing exercises help.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• OMG! I've been up since 9:00 yesterday morning! I'm pregnant, and I have really bad back pains and my leg pops out of place and the other goes numb. I've given up trying to sleep. lol

MoreMia

Answer by MoreMia at 9:11 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• try doing something that is relaxing. Games/Cafemom/TV are stimulants and can keep the brain uber active.... So instead of sitting in bed & watching tv, read a book.. go relax in the bathtub.. Count sheep lol.. or try to get your mind off whatever it is that keeps swirling around in there by thinking of something lame or relaxing..

good luck! & hopefully good night. lol
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:15 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Girl, I'm in the same boat as you RIGHT NOW! Its 4:35am and I know I won't be tired til 8 or so and that's going to be when my son gets up! This whole week I've had basically 2 to 4 hour naps every day. I didn't even feel like I was asleep! It's horrible. I have NO idea what to do. Good Luck sweetie. You aren't alone !!
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 4:37 AM on Apr. 9, 2011