You tube?

How many of you allow your 9-10 year olds to visit/search/use YouTube.com?

PROGENITOR

Asked by PROGENITOR at 7:44 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• My son is just a baby but when he IS that age I don't think I'll be allowing him to just search it. I've surfed that website many times and there are some NASTY things on it!!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 7:47 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Uh honestly, its nothin but trouble. There's no good out of youtube....I dont even know if you can filter youtube, so I plan on Blocking that website when she gets old enough for a comp...she's only 2 so Im not worried about it right now! lol
    YanniSmoMMy

Answer by YanniSmoMMy at 8:55 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I only allow my nine year old daughter to get on Youtube when I'm in the room and can monitor what videos she plays!
    PokiePrincess

Answer by PokiePrincess at 12:58 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• ONLY IF I WATCH HER THERE IS A LOT OF BAD STUFF ON THERE !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My kids are allowed on it. They are 9 and 11. Our TV is in the family room so I usually know what they are watching. I also ask them all the time what they have watched and then I might check it out.

I guess my feeling is that I would rather know what they are doing then have them go behind my back. I know a lot of there friends watch it and I wanted to know what they were doing. I think as long as you talk to you child about it then you should be okay. If you totally tell them know then they might start watching things at their friends houses and you have no control over that.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:17 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• my nephew is 4 and he watches videos on there, but mostly stuff he asks his papa to look up like videos of trains and farting, i cant believe how hard they laughed at that stuff but the computer is in the living room so it is monitered just not over your should kind of stuff
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My stepson is NOT allowed on YouTube PERIOD if we don't search for something for him. I don't trust YouTube and I don't want him seeing something inappropriate.
    southerngirl97

Answer by southerngirl97 at 10:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2008