Another am I pregnant question! :) adult content

Okay so this going to sound bad, I know I should go in to be seen but my DH hates traditional health care unless you are dying. He will be extremely annoyed if I go in to be seen, especially as he thinks it is all in my head as it is. I have been feeling very pregnant the last couple of months. All of the symptoms I had with my first 2 along with that gut feeling. I have had my period regularly until this month. I had my usual period right on time, then a week after I ended I began bleeding very lightly with brownish blood/discharge. After 2 days it had a few pink streaks in it, which turned to bright red streaks on day 4, then back to brown on day 5, then ended on day 6. I took a few different HPT's afterwards and got 2 faint positives and 3 negatives. I am also due to start AF in 3-5 days. Is it possible for me to be 2-3 months pregnant with so many negatives even though my first 2 pregnancies showed positives at 4 weeks along with all the normal symptoms? My first thought was chemical pregnancy but the symptoms have been going on for a couple months straight and the positive/negative results were intermittent. Any opinions?

Missalissa86

Asked by Missalissa86 at 9:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Are you on any birth control or hormones? Even medications can mess with your hormones?
    bauerlove

Answer by bauerlove at 9:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• No I prefer not to take medication unless I have to. The only thing I have had medicine wise in the last 1 1/2 years is Tylenol, Advil, and Theraflu. I was totally right about DH btw, I asked If I could run to walmart really quick and leave the kids with him and he freaked. I guess a trip to the ER would be out of the question :( I guess I will know for sure if I poop a baby in a few more months lol (totally kidding!)
    Missalissa86

Comment by Missalissa86 (original poster) at 9:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• If you go into the doctor they will give you a urinalysis that works the exact same way that a HPT works. It doesn't really sound like you are pregnant, but you should probably just hang tight and see if you get your period again. If not, do another HPT. If you continue to have questions, go to the doctor despite any annoyance others may have. If your body is doing things that are unusual, you should go find out why.
    MathairMeg

Answer by MathairMeg at 11:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I think you really need to speak with a dr & tell them what is going on. My guess is they will want to see you, but you can talk to the nurse first and see what she/he thinks first.
    Different hpt test for different levels which could explain the neg. test.
    Good luck
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 12:06 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Thank you everybody! I am still not due for AF for another 3-4 days, but if I do not start when expected I will go in and get checked out! I'm just so confused right now and it makes me crazy! It is probably all in my head lol :)
    Missalissa86

Comment by Missalissa86 (original poster) at 12:38 AM on Apr. 9, 2011