Why do moms come to Cafemom for advise when they can easily find all the information on the Internet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in About CafeMom

• advice on a situation is different then information. If I want to know when the uterus goes above the pelvic bone during pregnancy (for example) then I google it. If I want to know how others have handled crazy in laws, then I ask opinions on Cafemom. Most of the things I wanna know are easily answered by google so I rarely ask questions on here. I know what you mean though. Some answers are SOOO obviously easily answered by a simple googling.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• because they probably want to hear personal stories instead of some emotionless article on the web.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Im convinced people on here have NO idea what a search engine is or how to use Google correctly. Yes you can use it wrong and never get the answer your looking for. It's a math algorithm and you have to know HOW to ask it questions correctly to get the info you want.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• beats me...

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• personally it's MUCH faster and I find all more information, its not like the intent is going anywhere
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I think sometimes people care more about the interaction than the answer. I mean, I've asked questions that could have (and did) find answers to online, but sometimes it's helpful to hear it from another human being. I will agree though that some questions to seem a tad unnecessary though.
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 9:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Sometimes when you google something there are a million different answers. It's difficult to sort through fact or fiction, even among "reliable" sites. Even with some medical websites, I find different information, it's nice to hear what someone has experienced versus what a website claims as fact(which happens to differ from another).
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 9:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I'm sure you could google this and find the answer
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Some want personal experience, but I agree some people need google in their lives! lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2011