Pricing clothing and other items for a yard sale?

Does anyone have any good links? Any good tips or suggestions?
I had a friend who would have grocery bags and people could fill those with clothes and it would be a dollar. Is that too cheap or is that a good price?
I have a TON of gently used 2T summer and winter clothes, snow boots, and toys.
A baby swing, bouncy seat, reclining vibrating play seat.
A chain link dog run.
Dog beds.
Queen size wooden head and foot boards.
Just a bunch of stuff...you get the idea.

CABlonde

Asked by CABlonde at 9:13 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• I usually go cheep on the clothes(.25-1.00per piece) and about half the original price on the other stuff if it is good condition less if it isn't , if you do your sell on two days the second day I would go half off everything just so you dont have to pack it back up.
    mom23ks

Answer by mom23ks at 9:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• No links, I think pricing is more determined by the area. My goal when I had a yard sale was just to get rid of the stuff. Any money I made was bonus. Clothes should go pretty cheap, baby stuff you should get a pretty good price for. Good Luck, hope you get rid of it all and have some Mad Money to spend on something fun=Yard sales are a lot of work!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I got 25 cents on some clothes, outfits that come in 2 or 3 sets i put in at 2 dollars, and really nice outfits like tuxes or spring dresses i would put 3 dollars on. My infant seat i am selling to and i put 5 bucks on it. Depends on how good of shape it is or how much u spent on it.
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 9:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• My friend and I had a huge garage sale a few years ago. She had a girl, I had a boy, and they were 3 weeks apart. So we literally offered the buyer everything at our sale, and some items we had multiple of. Outfits (2-3 piece) we did 1.50 Onsies were .25 pants 1.00 shirts 1.00 if anything was stained and brought to our attention it was half off. Boots were 2.00 in perfect condition, and priced down from there. Coats/snowsuits I believe we placed at 5$, both hers and mine were hardly used and had no stains. Toys ranged in price from .10 (rattles) to 10.00 for electronic stuff. Furniture/gear we went about half what it was purchased for if in good condition. The worse the condition, or older the style, the lower the price. I think the most expensive thing was a crib that was $75. We had the sale for 2 weekends and the 2nd weekend we did 50% off on sat. and 75% off on sunday to get everything gone.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Clothing usually has to be priced pretty cheap to sell like that. I usually just lay everything out on a table and say like jeans are $1.00 and everything else is .50 or something like that. That way, I don't have to worry about little stickers....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2011