What do you do when your 11yr. old son lies about eveything?

Mel-Bell

Asked by Mel-Bell at 9:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• smack him in the back of the head and tell him to stop it....lol.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I doubled the punishment for lying. If they did something and told me the truth, we worked it out. If they lied about it, they would get 2 weeks instead of 1.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 9:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I have 11 and 13 yr old daughters . There is no tolerance for lying in our home and if they do they get the strap. So they very seldom lie as they know the consequences are unpleasant.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 10:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I think it's part of the puberty phase - keep the discipline consistent and keep talking to him about why lying is never good; hopefully it will phase on out - GL
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 12:29 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• well i dont know i asked the same ? but what i do do is when i catch them lying automatic spanking and i explain to them repeatedly tell them you would not have got a spankin if you would have told the truth and this is what my son just told me last week they get they will get in more trouble if they get caught lying they just hope they are slick enough to not get caught which makes sense and why making the punishment doubles i guess doesnt work
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 10:29 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Give him a tour of the police station. IDK
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 2:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2011