Could my house be haunted?

There are several reasons why i am thinking this. I can put something down like a pen or my soda, when i go back to get it, it is not there, so i look for it and even blame my 3 year old since he takes things. Then after that i just give up and when it shows up it will, then i find it 2 days later in the same spot as it was.
Now just recently my son woke up screaming at 1:45am, i went upstairs, he had poop in his pull up, so i brought him downstairs to change it. I ask him what is wrong and he said he had a dream. Later that day i went shopping with my mom for my birthday and he told my mom all about it. Then he told her he saw a ghost. (he is only 3 and i don't think he even knows what a ghost is) then i asked him to come help me in his room and he was very scared in his room. For 2 days he was scared and we had to go ghost and monster hunting in his room with him.
Our house is at least in its 60's, but i don't' think any one has died in it. The previous owners parents lived in it, and they got sick but were in a nursing home. then kids took the house for awhile but couldn't keep up on it so sold it and now we are in it.
what do u all think? Was it a dream my son had, and i just misplace things and don't remember where i set them until 2 days later, or could there really be something in our house.

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 9:30 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Id be saying prayers over some olive oil and anointing the doors and windows in every room of your house. If you still have the ghost then it is harmless. I admit I bought a brand new home this time because here in the deep south SOO many houses are haunted.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Scary stuff for sure.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• yes it is
    2boysyahoo.com

Comment by 2boysyahoo.com (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I've had several experiences. In my experience I have learned to rule out all possible causes. So this would mean paying close attention when these things are happening and analyzing how many ways that situation could happen. Remember your son isn't too old to have night terrors either. They can be pretty scary!

Also, don't let your imagination take you away. Channel your gut feelings as well. I do believe in paranormal activity, and don't take it lightly.

Hauntings aren't always residual. A person can be haunted, and so can land. So sometimes depending on the paranormal activity, it's not always the house.

Check your home for objects that you feel strange about when you hold them, and throw them out. They can channel energy.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I know it's hard not to be scared, for that reason, we are careful not to buy houses that are 50+ years old for the fear that we don't know the history of the house. This is how I would handle it, use your mom instinct to protect. It's for your son, I don't think you would let anyone, human or otherwise, to harm him. I know you could be scared sh0tless, but show no fear. Protect your son, use your mother instinct to overcome your own fear. I would even sleep in the room with him to see what's going on, or stay up in the room by myself or with my husband (or if he's away, a girlfriend) to see what's going on, bring a cross, or whatever it makes you feel more confident. I heard spirits sometimes are like bullies. If you set your boundry and state intentions to live side-by-side in peace clearly, they'll back away.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I like to think I don't believe in it, because I don't really have any spiritual affiliations, but I do think that children are more perceptive than we are. My sister and I lived in an old apartment house (large old house divided into 6 apartments or so), and my niece would just stare out the front door into the entry hall area and ask "who is that man...why is he here...why does he watch us" and she would point. Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I think our leased house might be too. Every now and again their will be a faint smell of cigarettes in our LR- no one in the house smokes. Occasionally the pantry door will open or close and lights go on and off.

Anonymous

• Hmmmm interesting. I think it sounds like it could be. I would be concerned if you son is afraid. Someone mentioned "night terrors" which are not bad dreams. My son suffered from them and they are something completely different than a nightmare. You son could have just had a bad dream but if he said "ghost" yet was never told what a ghost is, I would again be concerned. I would pay attention to your son. I do believe children and animals can see things we cannot. We see them as children because we have not been taught not to yet. I believe that if it is not harming you, then just learn to live with it. Maybe it is messing with you just because you are new and they are used to the old people. Good luck to you. I hope you find a way to live with this.

Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 12:04 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I'd start placing hematite stones (to absorb any negative energy) and crystals in the rooms where activity is the highest.

Also, pick up a digital recorder and ask questions. When you ask questions, allow some time for a response. You can listen to it later. You can put a digital recorder in an active room over-night and listen to it the next day for any abnormal/paranormal sounds.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:18 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I thought my house was haunted for a few weeks because my daughter would yelling and run screaming I asked what was wrong and she said monsters which creeped me and my SO out she even did it at my mothers and wouldn't go in to the kitchen even with her in there and the lights on. She still talks about monsters but she calls the Oprah no lie lol and says they ride the train with pink dragons ha I think kids make stuff up and see stuff on tv they don't know how to handle. Get him a night light see if that helps let him pick it out. If you really feel something is there your can get your house blessed, burn sage, buy some crosses, ask them to leave, or anything else the ladies above said. I don't know if I would got ghost hunting if I was you the would just further creep me out. lol. Could have also been a really bad dream they can seem so really sometimes.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 6:30 AM on Apr. 9, 2011