ARE YOU A GOOD TIPPER?

when you dine out,what do you consider a decent tip is and a good tip?

pinkclover

Asked by pinkclover at 7:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I usually tip 50+ percent depending on the quality of service and attitude of the server. If they treat me poorly (which is highly unusual) I tip poorly. The better you are at your job the more money you deserve.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 8:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• i was a server and the expected tip for good service is 18-20 percent... not 15 which is what most people think.. alot of people tip 10 percent if that and it sucked bad
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 7:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I always double the tax on my bill. Normally it ends up between 15-20%.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 8:00 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• i do at least $5 a head... usually 20-30%. i know what it's like to work off tips....
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:01 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• My dh is a Chef and sometimes I think he tips way too much but only if the service is good if it is not so good they get a not so good tip
    Originaly you would tip before service to ensure you got good service
    Anonymous

• I tip $1 for every $5 dollars I spend. If the server exceeds my expectations I go higher.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 9:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• i usually tip between 15 and 20 percent depending on service. my mom worked as a server while my brother and i was teens and she taught us how to tip. i've left a 50% tip before for exceptional service.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 9:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I tip based on the quality of service. I once tipped 25% because the waitress went out of her way to help me and my cousin(she has cerebral palsy) the whole time we were there. A few times, the service was completely horrible so I didnt tip(takes real shitty service for me to do that). I do take into consideration how busy the restraunt/server is. If they are really busy and at least make an attempt to check on us,ect... I will give a pretty good tip.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Oops! I re-read this after I posted and it looks like I only do this at one place. I do this for any sit down resturant I go to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Dec. 1, 2008