Any tips?

I'm starting potty-training with my 2 year old and was wondering if anyone had tips or techniques that really worked for your child?

Sammy1984

Asked by Sammy1984 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Look in the back of My Big Girl/Boy Potty by Joanna Cole. It has a couple pages of tips and tricks and ideas.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• get him a potty chair, potty chart, stickers an give him a treat each time he uses it :) good luck!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 9:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• oh also undies!! i hate pull ups .. they are just like diapers in my opinion
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 9:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I potty trained a kid when i was working and we used a story along with a step by step program. It made it fun, informative and we backed it with prizes for accomplishments. We started small, the first week was only practicing washing his hands. "First we use the potty, then we wash our hands like this..." then we moved to sitting on the toilet, then pants down while on toilet, etc etc and he finally got it after a while. It took a lot of time but he didn't go back once he was trained:)
    bauerlove

Answer by bauerlove at 9:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Recruit each family member to help. I've found out that my oldest son was my toddler's role model. My toddler even ask if he could wear his brothers undies.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 9:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2011