How much to charge for child care?

I keep a 3 year old and a 2 year old in thier home for $60 a day. The hours right now are from 7:30 till 5. In august I am going to have them 6:30 till 8 or 8:30. How much extra should I charge I only have them 3 days a week. Just trying to get an idea of what I should ask for before she asks me. Also when they go on vacation which this week they did and again next month they do not pay me anything. So how much should I charge in August when the hours change? (the hours will only be like that for 6 weeks)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• $10 - $15 more a day
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• well if you work out your hourly rate is around $6.30, so if you charged that it would be around $72.45 a day with the extra 2 hrs, but that does make it a long work day 11.5 hrs so you could probably charge a few extra dollars on that....
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:07 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• well the only thing i know about chilcare is fia pays 2 dollars an hour per kid
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 10:21 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I would probably do like 120 a week for two kids under 5 or 200.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 2:56 PM on Apr. 9, 2011