MILITARY FAMILIES--Pay and Govt Shutdown--WE HAVE HELP!

Marine Federal Credit Union and Navy Federal Credit Union will ADVANCE your April 15 paycheck if it is direct deposited from DFAS, and will simply take it back out of your account when you get paid from the government. Other financial institutions are giving 0% loans for 30 days to help cover the lost income.

USAA is allowing you to contact them to defer payments if you are affected, as well (if you have loans or credit cards)...

Of course, this is all if the govt shuts down at midnight...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

laird6372

Asked by laird6372 at 9:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• I think the law makers should go over sea's and STAND IN FRONT of our troops for not being paid!! Since they arnt standing behind them, they SHOULD stand in front of them.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I have already called USAA about our insurance...call now just in case!....I wish we banked through them as well but we dont.... =/ I hope they get their heads our of their (ill be nice) butt.....and figure all this out so we can pay our bills!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• your military relief society will have options as well
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 9:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I wish my bank was offering this :/ I bank through americu...I am going to call them in the morning to see if they are doing anything similar to this.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• oh really and what if you dont have that bank
    nicolia

Answer by nicolia at 9:55 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• They came to an agreement, so everyone will be paid :)

I don't know what others would have done if they didn't go through MFCU or NFCU, but those banks were going to pay if the government shutdown.
    laird6372

Comment by laird6372 (original poster) at 2:38 AM on Apr. 9, 2011