The renaissance fair

how many of you would take your kids the the ren fair?why why not

how many of you have been to a ren fair in general?

do you buy costumes,trinkets,watch the shows?

to answer my own questions
i would take my son to the ren fair every year if i can he would love it(he'll be here by august and will be 8 months old by the next ren fair comes around)

iv been going to the ren fair for 10 years

and i have 2 costumes a fairy crown a fox tail,wand and chakra wand

im going to the ren fair tomorrow since i have my baby bump now i cant wear my full costume just the shirt and a pair of jeans but its still a costume :)

Lizzypuppylove

Asked by Lizzypuppylove at 9:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have never been to a Ren fair. Is it different than a county fair?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I havnt been to one here in the south. Cant find one. When I was up north I went every year. Yea, we dressed up in period costumes and spent the whole day watching shows and interacting with the people. My kid's were not to into it back then, But I loved it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• meoona its compleatly different from the county fair since its usually based in the Elizabethan era
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• meooma* sorry lol
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I have been to several Renaissance fairs. When my kids were real little, I took them along because I figured the kind of skanky stuff would go right over their heads, and they loved the costumes, swordplay and food. Then when they were around 10, we didn't go for a while. They became too smart and aware. LOL!
    Now my youngest is almost 16, and I figure she's seen and heard it all at this point. So when the fair opens here in the fall, we'll be going.
    Have fun and don't worry about your baby bump. Everyone will smile at you. Babies are wonderful!
    Julemry

Answer by Julemry at 10:00 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• iv nvr been to the actual ren fair they have but when i was in school they had one and i loved it...i dont c a reason for u not to take ur son..if u want to go than go!!!!!!!!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 10:09 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• @vbruno, was it the Bristol Ren Faire?

I've been to them several times and loved it. I'm fascinated with history (was NOT when I was in school though, lol). I would love to take my kids there! And we don't rent or wear our own costumes. We just like to go and "people watch", lol.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 10:10 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• We just took our son a few weeks ago. He is only 18 months, but he loved it. The was his first year since last year I felt he was still too little. I've been going since I was 5 years old (now 25) and have only missed one year. I don't normally buy much when I go expect for drinks and maybe food, but it all depends on the year. I used to dress in costumes when I was younger, but now I'm more comfortable in my everyday clothes.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:12 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• well prob not becuse i dont think id be into it but if i was yeah id take my kids
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 10:19 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I would love to go to another one and take my boys to see it.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 9:12 PM on Apr. 9, 2011