How can i get my 2 sons to take a nap at the same time?

my sons are 3 years and the other is 6months.
My 6month old take a morning nap around 9 and sleeps for an hr. then around 12:45pm he also goes down for a nap and sleeps until 2:45. Just as i am in the process of putting my 3 year old son down for his nap. My 6month old then goes down for an evening nap around 4:30 and sleeps till 5:30pm.
They both have the same bed time, but not nap times.
any way i can do that or is it impossible?

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 9:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• it was very rare for my kids to nap at the time!! plus they also stopped napping at the age of 2!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 9:54 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Your 6 month old needs more sleep during the day. I don't know if you really can get them on the same schedule. My boys are 13 months apart. When the youngest was around 10 or so months he started taking one nap and then they were on the same schedule pretty much. You might just have to wait it out. Enjoy the one on one time you can have with each child while the other is sleeping.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 10:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• why cant your 3 year old take his nap at 12.45 till 2.45 ? I have a 3.5 year old and she goes for nap anywhere between 12 and 1. Mind you the girl has barely napped since she was 2 but she still goes into her room and has her "rest" time. Are you saying your 3 year old goes down for a nap at 2.45 or am I confused? Thats a late nap, what time does he go down at night?
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:01 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• im with princess confused and wondering y older one takes a nap so late mine is 3 and also goes down between 12 and 1 and actually you will have to work around the babies schedule and they will let you no when its nap time then you go by that for your older one when the baby goes down lay your older one down and all my kids take a nap until they go to school so when the baby goes down at 1245 lay the 3 yr old down
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 9:41 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My 3 year old needs a later nap, otherwise he just won't even rest if i put him down. I have tried putting him down at 12 and 1 but he would just get up and play. i then took his toys out of his room, and he would rip the blinds down and use them as swords. SO he never gets low on energy until like 2:30. He only sleeps for an hr. SO at 2:45 till 3:45 is his nap time. He goes to bed at 7:30 or 8 and has no problems.
    My 6month old i know needs his naps, but he sleeps at like 9:30am until 10:30am, wakes up eats lunch around 10:45 and 11am and is ready for a nap again at 12:45 and 1pm and sleeps till about 2:30
    2boysyahoo.com

Comment by 2boysyahoo.com (original poster) at 10:23 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I am not sure, good luck. I would lay m ine down at the same time when they wer ethat age. Or I would leave one sleeping child with my DH wile I took the other to the park.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 9, 2011