Is swimming good for you and your baby while your pregnant?

nicolia

Asked by nicolia at 9:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes it's GOOD exercise for you. Maybe not late in pregnancy but before your last 3 weeks itis.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:55 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Even if you go and FLOAT around in the pool and do nothing else it takes the weight off. In hindsight now I WISH I'd done more swimming or really anything in the water when I was pregnant with my son. I was pregnant with him during the summer of 2003 which was a hot one in my area. When my son was 3 and I was pregnant with my daughter getting into the water felt SO GOOD. I felt weightless and that a lot of pressure was being taken off my body.

Just watch yourself in the hot tub, THAT can be dangerous. Most places, though, have signage stating that if you are pregnant you should not get into the hot tub.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:02 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Swimming is good for you no matter what. I swam when I was pregnant and toward the end, I felt more like a buoy than a swimmer.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:27 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• yes ive heard its good for you
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 9:34 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Yes
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Think about it this way: Baby knows how to swim in the womb. That's all he or she does as well as everything else he or she needs to do to get ready to be born. Being physically active might even help mom get the baby weight off after Baby gets out. I wish I'd exercised more then I wouldn't be a lard ass 5 1/2 years later. I'm trying to get A LOT of weight off my lard ass by May 28th because I don't want to be the fat chick at my brother's upcoming wedding. My little sister-in-law-to-be's like 120 soaking wet and I'm 196 lbs of pure fatness. I HATE my body and especially my HUGE boobs.
    leomommy1325

Answer by leomommy1325 at 7:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2011