How do you drop your baby off at the babysitters?

I don't know if it's just me, but when I take dd into daycare I always take her in and talk to the woman for a few min. and when I pick her up I talk to her, I ask her how she did that day, what she ate, how long of a nap she took ect. The other day I dropped dd off and I was telling her provider about the rash dd had and going over her med instructions with her. This mother walked in the door handed the provider her 10mo old baby turned around and walked out! Not a hi, or nothing. She was in the building for like 4 seconds. I just looked at the provider and she said she does that alllll the time! And it was like 45 degrees and the baby was only wearing a thin pair of pj pants and a t shirt. I just couldn't imagine dropping my baby off like that!

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 9:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'd always say hello in the morning. There were many mornings it was a quick hello, for she was busy greeting other kids as well, and I had to get to work. I'd get my DD settled, kiss her, and go. At pick up I'd usually spend a little more time talking with my DCP.

I too saw parents who would just drop and go. My DCP had her area set up downstairs. This one parent just let his kid in and left. He was upstairs and the DCP didn't even know he got dropped off. She was pissed at the parent. WTF would you do that??

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• With my one son I would just hand him to a teacher and leave. It probably would look really bad if you just saw me doing that, but I also worked at the daycare. He would cry if I stayed in the room any longer than that. If I was quick they had time to distract him as soon as I left so he didn't realize what was going on. Since I worked there one of the teachers could always get a break to come talk to me or we would see each other at lunch. I always talked to them at the end of the day.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 10:30 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• say goodmorning and stay in the room for a while and talk with them a while then go
    southernchick11

Answer by southernchick11 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• well i wont drop my kids to a babysitter but when i take to i dont just drop and go
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 9:31 AM on Apr. 9, 2011