How much do you receive in food stamps?

So, there's currently a post concerning welfare and food stamps and some folks are mad that these people getting food stamps are living high on the hog eating steak and stuff while they suffer. So, my question is...how much do you receive each month on food stamps? Stay anonymous and list the amount and the number of family members and let's see if you really can dine like a millionaire while receiving food stamps!

mizkaye

Asked by mizkaye at 8:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• 7 people and 455 a month
    Anonymous

• 5- $350 a month
    Anonymous

• Glad you ask..I use to work at a grocery store..and I got sooo sick of people coming in with diamonds and nice clothes..NOW..12 years later, I find that I am unemployed and can't find a job due to the economy! So I took my ass to the county and got myself and kids some food stamps because I have worked since the age of 15 and ONCE got Medicaid to have my daughter when I was 20, other than that, NEVER HAS THE GOVERNMENT HELPED ME!! After 15 years of getting SCREWED OUT of a percentage of MY paychecks...FINALLY I GET BACK WHAT THE HELL I PUT INTO IT! For 3 people I get 463.00!! And yes.. I now wear my diamonds and nice clothes to to groceries and dare anyone to judge me!
    Anonymous

• 2 kids and 2 adults'''''''''$0.00 a month
    Anonymous

• If you can afford Diamonds and nice clothes why do you need food stamps????? I am guessing you are one of the many that Lie and abuse the system!
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 8:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• we don't anymore, but when we did, there were 5 of us and $120 a month.
    Anonymous

• 2 adults and 3 kids $0.00 a month and we live off $50/wk for groceries. Amazing that the posts are ALL more than what I spend and we manage to eat JUST fine and get a good variety of healthy foods and meats.
    Anonymous

• wao where do u live anon 8:20 cause where we live that's not enough for 3 days worth of meals for a family of 4 much less 5
    Anonymous

• 2 adults and 1 child with baby on the way... $485month.
    Anonymous

• I DO NOT CURRENTLY BUY MYSELF DIAMONDS AND NICE CLOTHES..You see I had those things prior to losing my job ..ect..Don't judge until you have been there ..!!
    Anonymous