Potty training.....

My 2 year old has been showing signs of potty training readiness off and on for about 2 months now. I recently went and bought him his own potty seat, pull ups, and reward treats. He constantly tells me he wants to use the potty but as soon as I get him up there he cries to get down. Should I hold off for a while longer and tell him no when he asks to use the potty? I don't want to discourage him when he asks but I also don't want to scare him away from the potty by making him feel pushed.

Missalissa86

Asked by Missalissa86 at 10:02 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Dont push at all. My daughters potty is all around the house, just recently shes started telling us she has to go potty (only sometimes) so she goes and sits on it. I have had it out since she was about 15 months, so she sees it, can sit on it whenever, and get familiar with it.

i never pushed, and now at home, she uses the otty majority of the time. except at night. just let him use it if he wants to and if he doesnt say okay! let me know if you have to go otty later. i ask brooke sometimes if she has to go and shell say yeah or no!.

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• It seems like evrytime he asks to go potty he begins to cry to get down after just a few seconds. Should I continue to put him up there each time knowing he is going to cry to get down? I almost think he uses that just to get me to take off his diaper because as soon as I pull him down he runs off as fast as his little legs will carry him. Then when I try to put the diaper back on he cries and says "no mommy!"
    Missalissa86

Comment by Missalissa86 (original poster) at 10:13 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• get a potty seat that sits on the floor he might not like heights.. don't push but if he wants to sit in the potty let him
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• My daughter still does that and yea its kinda irritating lol but i just keep putting her up there when she asks and letting her down when she doesnt want to. actualy, she gets down her self, its a little ground potty seat
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:54 PM on Apr. 8, 2011