The next step.. after miscarriage

Hey ladies. Its me again. I was wondering.. after i was less than a month pregnant will they do a dnc or what. no one will tell me the truth i need tough love here. Im not bleeding hard at all.. just clotting. i havent had a period since dec.. (due to my retarted reaction to the depo shot almost a yr ago.. i had one shot and it destroyed me) and i think there should be more blood.. can i douche... idk im scared i dont want the feeling of carrying a dead child. what do i do.

Meghan6391

Asked by Meghan6391 at 10:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Definitely don't douche hun. That could cause an infection especially if you are miscarrying. They will most likely do a d & c since you were less than a month along.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• please see a doctor right away..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• i have an apt for monday morning at 1030 am. i have this god awful smell when the blood does come out.. my husband is worried and so am i.. but i cant be seen till monday. i want it all over with.
    Meghan6391

Comment by Meghan6391 (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• yess please see a doctor DONT douche can cause infection specially right now with what your body is going through.....we are here for you if you need to VENT or just talk to someone....ur in my prayers
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 10:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• oh ive had my venting.. read my other posts on this subject.. things got real bad. i just want to be healthy and in a few months try to conceive again .my sons at that stage where he is saying baby and wants a kid around. hes 2 i think its time.. once im healthy for it again
    Meghan6391

Comment by Meghan6391 (original poster) at 10:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I would go to the doctor. They might give you an antibiotic, but may or may not require a D and C. Usually your body takes care of miscarriages on your own...but if they are concerned that it isn't all coming out, they might do a D and C. Prior to my first, I had several miscarriages, and going through the D and Cs were terrible for me. To me the visual was them "scraping my baby out" where yours seems to be the opposite feeling...carrying a dead child.

Miscarriages are terrible and come with all sorts of nasty feelings. I am sorry you are going through it.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I am assume that you have not pass the sack yet? I do not remember a smell to my blood, that might indicate an infection. Most early mc will pass on their own but it sounds to me like there maybe something else going on. My dr would not do a d&c but there was nothing to see on the u/s so it would not have helped me. I am so sorry you are going thru this. This is a informative website http://www.pregnancyloss.info/if_you_have_a_choice.htm that helped me alot.

Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 11:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Ok so I just read some of your other posts. They need to be checking you hcg levels to make sure they go back to zero. Mine did not there was still some fetal tissue left behind so my levels went up and down for 6 weeks ended up having a shot to expel/kill the last of the tissue.
    Again I am sorry for your loss and sorry that you were treated so badly.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 11:56 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• You do not have to have a D&C as long as everything passes.

I miscarried at 5 weeks and BOTH the baby and sac passed after 12 hours of labor pains and then AFTER the sac passed is when I started the heavy bleeding.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• i cant describe the smell of the blood. its something ive never smelt b4 and i have had one baby.. so i know the smell of after math. but this smell is was worse than anything i have smelt. i feel insecure my husband says he can smell it too and i am non stop in the shower now cleaning myself. i am wearing perfume even to bed to try not to think of it. there just isnt much blood coming out.. like i said its more clots than anything. i have a horrid migraine and have since i started the mc. idk what that means the er ppl didnt seem concerned with it. i just cant wait for monday. i have to work tomorrow and sunday or ill loose my job. i just cant be standing up which is hard when ur a cashier.

i know the thought of scrapping a baby out is hard.. but i did have that thought at first and then it changed to the thought of carrying something dead. i wish they wouldnt have thrown away the clot i took in.. i know it was my baby.
    Meghan6391

Comment by Meghan6391 (original poster) at 12:36 AM on Apr. 9, 2011