What is the worst dinner your mom made you eat when you were little?

Do you serve it to your own kids now??? Or any other dish they dislike?

Lola.Bee

Asked by Lola.Bee at 10:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Pretty much any meat that she made. She would just throw it under the broiler and take it out when ever. it could have been very pink inside or 3/4 burnt to a crisp. We don't have much meat in our house now (I'm a veg) and I would never feed my kids the way mom fed me.

And then there was the chili. It was sooo awful that I made myself a pb sandwich. My BFF, who had stayed for dinner was so polite that she ate a second helping even as mom was offering her a sandwich and making one for herself.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• cooked, canned spinach. I will never force my child to eat that...ickyness. I love spinach raw and fresh but cooked and canned is just gross. Our rule is you have to try it...if you don't like it that's okay but you cannot abuse the privilege.
    bauerlove

Answer by bauerlove at 10:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Lamb patties. They made me very sick, but she'd make me eat them anyway when she made them. Turns out I'm mildly allergic to lamb and can't eat it, so no, I don't serve it (and yeah, mom felt like a heel for making me eat it all those years when I told her I wasn't faking, they really were making me sick).
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Every Halloween we had to eat liver and onions or we couldn't go out

and no I would never make something nasty for my kids and force them to eat it
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• My mom was experimenting with vegetarian food...her worst was oatmeal burgers with nuts in them! BARF!! Nothing you put on that thing would cover up that lumpy dry texture! No way would I feed it my kids, she didn't like them either. LOL
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• my mom couldnt cook at all.. my dad did all the cooking which i loved.. but one time my grandmother made hamburgers and put onions in side the hamburgers.. and i hated onions, she would not let me leave the table unless it was gone... i sat there until bedtime i didnt care!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• SPAm...yes, Spam, that Hormel canned meat. And with a baked potato without sour cream. And green beans.
    I never fed that to my kids. LOL.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Tunas Noodle casserole with crushed potato chips on top. another good one was macaroni and cheese made with Velveeta and cut up hot dogs in it. Hell no , would I serve ti to my kids .
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Liver and onions with mashed potatoes and red beets. The only thing we ate was the potatoes. The rest we had to pretty much choke down.
    I still won't eat this meal for myself, therefore I would not force my kids to eat it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Liver and onions here too, and she made beets too, I would gag on them. She pickled the beets which made them all the worse. I also would almost throw up eating lima beans...I wasn't fond of the boiled potatoes we would eat either.
    homeschoolin432

Answer by homeschoolin432 at 10:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2011