Is this purjury? adult content

My sons bio dad is claiming that I threatened him with a gun, I filed a motion stating that I do not have a firearm. He is still claiming I have a firearm and that he knows for a fact. But I really don't. Him making these false accusations is that considered purjury? and can he get in trouble?

ashleypalomba

Asked by ashleypalomba at 10:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• Maybe slander. I would consult a lawyer.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:56 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• isn't purjury when you lie in court? making false accusations purjury I thought.
    ashleypalomba

Comment by ashleypalomba (original poster) at 10:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• It is perjury when you knowingly tell a lie after taking an oath of the court.

Can someone get in trouble for making false accusastions? Yes, but unless he made these accusations in a court of law after taking an oath, it is not yet perjury.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• It is a false accusation. I don't think it qualifies as perjury.

Perjury is when he gets up on the stand, takes the oath and then swears up and down, that you own a firearm and threatened him with it.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• him making all these false accusations, could I use that as leverage to get sole custody?
    ashleypalomba

Comment by ashleypalomba (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• id think with a good lawyer ud win for sure...
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 11:07 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Filing a false police report is a misdemeanor felony . He has to PROVE you own one. Search everywhere in your home to make sure he didnt plant one. DONT touch it if you find one either. Call the police. If your in a state you have to have a FOID card to buy a gun your pretty safe. If your in a state like SC with NO gun laws you might have a SLIGHT problem. But he has to PROVE his statement true.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I am sure there is not one in my home. We live in a state when you have to have a gun license to have a gun, so I definatly do not have one. They can come search my home. Can I sue him for making up lies?
    ashleypalomba

Comment by ashleypalomba (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I hi the delete button or I should say my dd hit the the button......:(
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• When he made these allegations, was he under oath?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2011