Irritating

so my dad never asks me too give him a ride he just shows up and was like ooo i need a ride home.. well he lives 35 min away as im driving him home my low fuel light comes on and hes like o well i only have $4 but i need it til i go to the bank tomm.. ok seriously how rude but i feel bad saying anything to him cuz if it wasnt for me having to drive him hed never see his grandkids which he barely acknowledges neways... oo he just irritates me i dont see him half my life cuz he didnt want to be around but now i suddenly owe him all my gas??? sorry i just needed to vent... blah... would u say nething or do what u can so ur kids know theirr grandpa?

kimsmith22

Asked by kimsmith22 at 10:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I would talk to Dad about it - you want him in your/kids life, but you need your money too - right? Ask him to chip in (once in a while, all the time - however often you feel is fair) See if Dad will agree and how it goes and if it doesn't change, well you have to decide how important it is to have Dad in your/kids life. Either way, you will have given Dad an opportunity to participate in your lives while not draining your bank account (gas is expensive!) or feeling resentment towards your Dad. I think you're giving a gift to your Dad for allowing him to share your kids lives (especially since he wasn't around much when you were younger) - it's his loss if he doesn't accept, honor, and cherish that gift. Big hug to you - GB and take best of care
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 11:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Oh that IS irritating! I am thinking about it, and I don't know what I would do. I may just ask for gas money . . . I don't know. I have a hard time forgiving, and I don't know if I could get past a Dad who was absent.

I'm sorry momma!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 10:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2011