• In the Spotlight:

Did your child go through a phase where they perferred their Daddy?

My daughter (19 months) is going through a phase where she chooses her Daddy over me. She's always wanting Daddy to hold her when she's tired, ext. It drives me crazy because i'm supposed to be the person she runs too! The only thing i can think of is that i'm more of the disapliner than Daddy or that Daddy went on a trip for a week last month and we went out of town for a week this month. So, it could be that she just misses Daddy. It just feels like Daddys the one she always wants. Nebody else go through this? I'm not trying to be petty because i'm glad that she loves her Daddy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's normal and good. We're in that phase right now, too (my son is also 19 months). You're not doing anything wrong. It's just that she's been attached to you from day one, and now she's deepening her attachment to her dad. It shows how secure you make her feel, actually, that she's willing to let go of you a bit. You'll always be her mommy. It's okay.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:22 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I haven't run into it yet but I have heard of this happening. I know it breaks my heart when my son wants daddy to hold him rather than me but he is only 13 months and will still come to me when he's hurt or tired etc. But I think what you are going through is common.. good luck mommy
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 8:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• For the first seven or eight months I think dd liked daddy better. She didnt cry when he held her and gave her back to me or anything, but she never once got fussy while he watched her in the morning. He would get off work, set her on the couch beside him or in her carseat, she loved her carseat, and just look at him for like 3 hours. And as soon as I came in she would want to be picked up and played with, which I loved, but she was just so good for him, it was amazing. She would just stare at him, from the moment she came home thats all she did, still dose, whenever she hears his voice she looks for him, but she gets fussy with him now (1 year). It's easier for me to comfort her now, but not back then. she could be screaming her head off and I'd set her down next to him and she would stop and stare. Those were the good old days.

MsJaci

Answer by MsJaci at 4:24 AM on Dec. 1, 2008