Grade school kids

ok so everythigns always a argument with me and my 8yo i mean everything.. and all i ever hear is well my friends do it or his parents let him or if i was daddys house hed let me... seriously give me a break im not ur friend or his parents or ur father.. do u get this too?

kimsmith22

Asked by kimsmith22 at 11:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• stand stong, it helps when they are older to know, you won't back down. My kids know, when I say NO, don't even start whining. They are now 17, 12 and 10. I've left the store without anything, just left because of thier arguement, we've pulled over on the side of the road many times, to just sit there until the arguements were done. Giving him that Mom look, you know the one and let him learn it now.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 2:34 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• well i dont get that but i have learned in life if you dont respond back it quits sooner kinda hard to argue with yourself so just stick to your answer dont give in it will get worse if yu do and dont respond to another word he says
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 4:12 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• sorry. Some kids need teh same rules in both houses it can't be seperate rules you are both raising the same child so it needs to be the same so they don't get confused as it already sounds he is .
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2011