Co-sleeping mommas...

Only the ones that use a co-sleeper (crib with lower side next to the bed).
I saw today that they have recalled most of these. I was looking into getting one for the next baby. Previously I used a bassinet...while helpful, was a little of a pain to lift up and out when laying down.
Now that they have recalled them, will you be taking yours back or continuing to use them?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 11:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They occured because people hadn't set them up properly putting up the thing that goes under the mattress....I have used mine for 3 babies and will use it with the next one. Its so much easier than lifting up and down out of a pack and play or bassinet, I tried both.
    leejoy

Answer by leejoy at 12:45 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• i used a pack n play for 5 months then she was in the bed with us i just roll over and latch her on!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I don't use it anymore, my son is older and in his own big boy twin bed now. I suppose my decision would depend on the reason for the recall. Do you know why they're being recalled?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I wouldn't use a recalled item. At bai ies r us they sell this bed thing kinda like a bassinet that you put in the bed with you. It was great i loved it. I dont remember the exact name but its made by summer infant
    jadesmommy2010

Answer by jadesmommy2010 at 5:36 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Because of the infant deaths associated with them. But on the other side, they recalled all drop side cribs when there have been more fatalities and injuries by infant carriers.
    Jademom07

Comment by Jademom07 (original poster) at 11:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• The infant deaths that are associated, do you know how they occurred?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Baby falls off off the mattress and suffocates between the sleeper and the bed mattress.
    Jademom07

Comment by Jademom07 (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Put your next munchkin in the bed with you instead?
    kazmia

Answer by kazmia at 1:17 AM on Apr. 9, 2011