What is/was the worst part of the terrible 2's for you?

My dd doesn't really have tantrums very often, and she is super sweet, but one part of being 2 that I don't like is that everywhere we go she gets excited and will try to bolt away from me. Scares the living crap out of me!!! I can't take my eyes off her for a second when we are outside of the house because I'm so afraid that she will take off and someone will nab her or something, plus im pregnant and she's faster than me right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I must have just taken it all in stride. I don't believe in the whole terrible 2's... It's just part of their learning curve.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• When they turn 3. It gets way worse! Trust me!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• My son was like this. I was pregnant too (kids are 2 years, 4 mos apart in age). All it takes is one or two times of leaving when dd doesn't listen. It is really hard to drag a kicking and screaming kid out of a park, shopping center, etc- but that is the only way that they know you mean business. Make your daughter hold your hand. It will take awhile- but try to make it a habbit before baby number 2 comes.

Stick to your guns, and tell your daughter you will leave if she runs away. She will learn to respect you and to stay close. Good Luck!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I adore 2! It's one of my fav ages.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 11:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• The fact that when my son turned 3 he got WAY worse!!!!
    BSumm3rs

Answer by BSumm3rs at 11:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Egh...the constant pushing of the limits like we all the sudden don't understand what "no" means. AHHHHH.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:54 PM on Apr. 8, 2011