They have a deal??

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_spending_showdown

I am not impressed. Not nearly enough cuts.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 11:17 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• The cuts they all wanted amounted to NOTHING to begin with!! It's all a show to make the average clueless FOOLS think they are trying to cut spending.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• – collapse
    Poor Carpy . You will have to wait for cut, slash and burn . Possibly for a long time .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• – collapse
    Will they still throw women under the bus? Or will they be humane and civilized and let them still get free pap smears, birth control and tests , among other necessary things?You know I am talking about PP.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• Poor Carpy . You will have to wait for cut, slash and burn . Possibly for a long time

I doubt it. The money well will run dry. I suggest you worry about Canada.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 11:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• They seemed to be cutting things when realllllly they should be cutting their own pay
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 11:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• When you read some of the "going on's", like,

"Republicans returned earlier in the week with a proposal to distribute federal funds for family planning and related health services to the states, rather than directly to Planned Parenthood and other organizations. Democrats said they rejected that proposal as well, and Obama had vowed to veto a bill that the House passed Tuesday to fund then refused to agree to allow a separate Senate vote on the issue as part of debate over any compromise bill."

Wow... More power to the states (like our founders had laid out for the US) and Democrats turned it down.... Color me surprised....

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:17 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Apparently PP is still going to be funded, at least for now although I don't see why. If PP needed Federal Funding to stay in business and offer their services, their exec.s would not be making 6 figure incomes plus benefit packages totaling nearly another 50,000.
    They should be cutting funding from any and all organizations that can afford those types of salaries and benefits, as clearly they really don't need it.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 1:24 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I'm not impressed, they didn't raise taxes on the top earners
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 8:58 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I'm not impressed, they didn't raise taxes on the top earners`~ No, because this isn't a fucking tax bill It's the budget
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

***

LMAO!! Way to ROCK the discussion boards!! :oP
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:26 AM on Apr. 9, 2011