Can some show me a picture.....

of an older child rear facing? my youngest is 3.5, been FF since he was 1. no bashing please, 2.5 years ago, it was what the norm was, as far as i knew. but i just came across someones signature, said their 4+ yo was RF. i am curious as to know if there is a diffrent way to install seats when they are RF or what? my DS is 42 inches tall and i have no idea where his feet and legs would go if he was RF.

:)

itzmyzoo

Asked by itzmyzoo at 11:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• my husband has a 4yo now and he is in a booster seat ff! My kids are older and always were ff after? 6mo. but I am 44 and things change. I think yours is plenty old enough to be ff. goodluck
    christinawillis

Answer by christinawillis at 11:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• no, we are not looking to turn him around, just curious! :)
    itzmyzoo

Comment by itzmyzoo (original poster) at 11:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• My DD will be 3 next month and also was FF since 1. She's always been a big girl, in the 95th % in both height and weight (so she's proportionate!) but she definitely was ready to go FF by then because she was so tall!!
    I was just talking about this today with another mom at the doc office - didn't they up the age to get out of a booster seat to 12, and the weight to 100?? Geez, if I lose any weight I'll be back in a booster!! But I'm 34 and "back in MY day" (lol) we didn't HAVE booster seats - I remember laying on the TOP of the back seats making faces at truck drivers as we flew down the highway when I was a kid!! What were my parents thinking?!? :D
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 11:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I found lots of pics by going to Google images and putting in "extended rear facing."
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 12:02 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• All three of my littles have been in ff seats since about 1..
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 12:20 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Try a booster seat. I'm pretty sure at that age that the child should be facing front. If the straps are getting tight, loosen them or put him in a booster seat.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:28 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• no your child should be ff by now
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 3:58 AM on Apr. 9, 2011